Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to Polona Mursec. This privacy statement describes Polona Mursec’s policy concerning the gathering and sharing of visitors’ information through thePolona Mursec web site. It applies to all “Polona Mursec sites” – that is, all sites within the “www.polona-mursec.com” domain name. You should note that through this site you may reach or be directed to other sites that relate to Polona Mursec; all these sites have their own privacy statements which are similar to this one but may vary slightly. By visiting the Polona Mursec website you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
What information does Polona Mursec collect?
Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the Polona Mursec site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
Collection of personally identifiable information
If you register for a newsletter, log on to certain Polona Mursec sites, request information, provide feedback, join an electronic mailing list, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, postal address and e-mail address. This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in various Polona Mursec databases.
For certain Polona Mursec sites, registering or supplying personal information sets a cookie.* By setting this cookie, Polona Mursec will remember your details the next time you visit, so you don’t have to re-enter the information. This helps us to provide you with a better service.
Joining electronic discussion groups may mean that other participants of the discussion group (including non-Polona Mursec employees) will see personal information that you have volunteered. For open discussion groups, this information will be public.
What does Polona Mursec do with the information it collects?
Normal web usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the “polona-mursec.com” domain is used to analyse trends and usage of the Polona Mursec site and to improve the usefulness of the site. It is not connected with any personal information. However, if you have registered with Polona Mursec in connection with any activity on the Polona Mursec site, the information we collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
Personally identifiable information
Polona Mursec may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc.;
- Manage and process your job application;
- Confirm your purchases and registrations on the site;
- Obtain payment for purchases through the site (via credit card);
- “Remember” your online profile and preferences;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site contents most relevant to you;
- Undertake statistical analysis.
What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the Polona Mursec web site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the Polona Mursec site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as purchasing items, or registering for a newsletter.
Opting out and changing your information
At any time, you can cancel or modify your information by returning to the web page where you first provided the information and contacting Polona Mursec.
We do not sell or share any personally identifiable information volunteered on the Polona Mursec site to any third party without prior consent.
However, Polona Mursec assumes no responsibility for the security of information.
The Polona Mursec site contains link to sites external to the polona-mursec.com domain. Polona Mursec is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
Notification of changes
* cookies: a Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as user IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles. It is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You can choose not to have cookies delivered by Polona Mursec sites by changing your browser settings. Different web sites can send their own cookies to your computer. To protect your privacy, your browser only allows a web site to access the cookies it has already sent you, no the cookies sent by other sites.